Beginning in early March, dozens of people in the FaithWestwood faith family have worked tirelessly to provide face masks to members of the congregation and non-profit organizations serving at-risk people across our community.
As of May 4, this dedicated group of Masketeers has created and distributed over 10,000 of these masks, and the number continues to grow every day.
Please keep this team in your prayers. If you are interested in other ways to help, see below. You'll also find a list of organizations and groups who have received masks from the Masketeers.
Some of the many recipients of our donated masks include:
- Homeless shelters -- Sienna Francis House, Open Door Mission, Stephen Center -- and other local homeless support agencies coordinated by MACCH (Metro Area Continuum of Care for the Homeless)
- Project Harmony
- Douglas County Mental Health Center
- University of Nebraska Monroe Meyer Institute
- Public Health Departments
- Home health agencies
- Nursing homes, assisted living facilities, and senior living centers
- Residential facilities for persons with developmental disabilities
- School service staff preparing and distributing take-home meals
- Medical offices -- to provide to high-risk patients
- Front line medical and other essential workers
- Local active duty members of the Armed Forces
- FaithWorks Pantry patrons and volunteers
- Prison health services staff
- High-risk community residents
There are several ways to support this important ministry.
We're seeking donations -- from your own personal fabric collection at home, not newly purchased -- of 100% cotton broadcloth or quilting fabric in prints or solid colors.
To arrange "no touch" pick-up at your door, contact Vikki O'Hara at 402-650-9489 or email@example.com.
If you know your way around a sewing machine, the Masketeers are looking for more team members to join their ranks.
If interested, contact Vikki O'Hara at 402-650-9489 or Vikki O'Hara at 402-650-9489 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to support this ministry with your monetary gifts, there is a fund set up for that purpose.
Go to faithwestwood.com/about-us/give for online, text, and mail options. If you choose to give online or by text, the giving code for this fund is COVID.
The Masketeer team also makes masks FREE OF CHARGE for our congregation and their family members -- as they come available.
To request a mask or masks, please CLICK HERE to fill out the form. Be sure to click "submit" at the end of the form.
Please do not send requests for masks via email or text.
You will receive a confirmation email after you submit the form. Once Vikki O'Hara receives your request, she will contact you with information about delivery.
If you have questions about the form, contact Vikki O'Hara at email@example.com.