Freedom from Worry - and e-course from The Upper Room
If you're feeling overwhelmed with life and the current reality, check out this online course from The Upper Room.
In it, you'll find daily scripture readings, reflections, and mindfulness guides following a 28-day pattern of prayer that will help you reduce anxiety and develop a practice of prayer and trust.
Local NAMI Online Support Groups
NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) offers FREE online support group meetings for individuals over the age of 18 who have a loved one (children, adolescents, or adults) experiencing emotional and spiritual health challenges or are challenged with mental health issues. Participants can talk frankly about their struggles and help one another through their learned wisdom and experience.
These FAMILY SUPPORT meetings are facilitated by trained NAMI members who also have a close family member with a mental health challenge. They are NOT therapy sessions -- those with mental health challenges may benefit from CONNECTIONS support group meetings, which are separate meetings, and are also facilitated by trained NAMI peer members.
Not familiar with NAMI support groups?
For Family Support group information: click here
For Connection group information: click here
For Family Support Meetings (Tuesday evenings, 6:00 - 7:30 p.m.): follow this link
For Connections Support Meetings (Monday evenings, 6:30 - 8:00 p.m.): follow this link
- Weekly registration is REQUIRED and closes 30 minutes before each meeting starts.
- After registering, you will receive a confirmation email about joining the meeting.
- When you enter the meeting, you will be in a virtual waiting room until you are approved and allowed to enter the meeting by the group facilitator.
- Each meeting will open 30 minutes prior to the scheduled start to allow chatting and approvals by the group facilitator
- The meetings are held on the Zoom platform, however you do NOT need to download Zoom to participate in the group meetings. You will be sent a link to register but after that you can join via the internet or even just call a number on your phone (if using a landline, there may be a small fee).